Rants, Reviews, and Randomness courtesy of Jason's brain.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fireworks

Watching the fireworks display tonight, I couldn't help but be reminded about how our country was born of war and great turmoil (maybe this is because I was watching the History Channel earlier this morning, but I don't know). To think that today these fireworks are a celebration of the independent spirit of the United States, of the longing for freedom from tyrany and oppression, and at the same time they represent the war, the bloodshed, and the divided families that birthed this great country is strange and beautiful, it's proud and solemn all at once.
Having said all of that, I have to shamefully confess that I don't really care too much for American History. It's times like this, however, that change my mind, if only for one night.

No comments: